RiversideTV Wins Big at the 2018 SCAN NATOA Annual Conference
Last week, RiversideTV staff attended the annual conference for the 2018 States of California and Nevada Chapter of the National Associations of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors (SCAN NATOA) and took home EIGHT awards – five in the first place category, one in the second place category and two in the third place category. Riverside TV is a city-run cable TV channel that provides 24/7 programming and reaches more than 50,000+ viewers in Riverside, California.
The National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors is a non-profit professional organization serving local governments and regional authorities in the development, regulation, and administration of cable franchises and other telecommunications systems.
Its major objectives are to:
• Develop an effective national voice for local government during critical legislative and legal actions regarding telecommunications;
• Inform the membership of legislative, judicial regulatory and technical developments that impact local government regulation of telecommunications;
• Sponsor educational conferences and training seminars on telecommunications and cable issues in order to share information and experiences on what other local governments are doing in franchising and planning;
• Provide information and technical assistance to its membership in complying with FCC filings and rules;
• Advocate consumer-friendly policies for public and private telecommunications users;
• Foster an internal network among members facing franchise renewals, transfers, lawsuits, rate issues, policy development and planning.
About the States of California & Nevada Chapter (SCAN)
The States of California & Nevada Chapter of NATOA builds on the services provided by the national office by offering training, networking, and information on telecommunication issues "closer to home."